Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

MS. PAC MAN ON PINK SATURDAY

Hello and welcome to Pink Saturday! I was trying to decide what to use in my post today. I was reading my Sunday newspaper and there was an ad for some new video games! I love Derek Jeter!Oh heck, I love baseball! So I was reading this little message he wrote comparing the new video games to the old! He said he was an "old school" video game player and told of fond memories he had playing Pac Man in his basement with his dad! I decided since Ms. Pac Man had been my favorite "old school game "I would write about her!

Ms. Pac Man is an arcade game introduced in 1981.  It was an unauthorized female version of the Original Pac Man! It became one the most popular video games and featured a female protagonist, new maze designs and several  minor game play changes  over the original game.  This game is fun and very "G" rated. Today I am appalled at some of the video games that kids play and all the violence that occurs.

Ms. Pac Man is very noteworthy and the game appears in many old school movies as well.

I just love all the pink in the Ms Pac Man game. I hope you enjoyed my little walk down memory lane

I hope you will stop Beverly's place and thank her for hosting these awesome Pink Saturdays. She is a selfless woman who makes sure we all get involved in this and I thank her tremendously for that. Click on the Pink Saturday button on my right side bar.

Then please visit Brenda at http://brushedbyanangel.blogspot.com/ and see the amazing talent over there. She also has a wonderful video post "All The Wrinkled Ladies". She will make you smile.

Now for some Ms. Pac Man

11 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I must admit I do not and never had played video games. Well I played Dr Mario once or twice and was bored. Just not for me!! She is cute though!

Parsley said...

Oh man...I remember this one! Where's my quarter stash?!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi, this is a great post ! I've played a couple of video games of my oldest son's; my favorite is Diddy Kong Racing for the Nintendo NES. I was REALLY good at that game, lol :)

Happy Pink Saturday!

Warmest, Brenda

Sherry from Alabama said...

I never saw Ms. Pacman, but my sweet hubby and I used to play Pacman while waiting on a bowling lane back in our dating and newlywed days. Such memories!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Anonymous said...

I remember watching my friends play PacMan. Now, I get to play cuz my cell phone has the game :) It's fun and fast and frustrating!
Happy Pink Saturday~

Dogmom Diva said...

Oh I remember Ms. PacMan..I could barely play and gave up entirely when Mario came out The boys are still quite extraordinary at all these games, used to call them Videots!

Thanks for the memory!

hugs
Barb

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I so loved Pacman!! It was one of my favorites!!
Debbie

Chatty Crone said...

You have brought back so many memories - my kids used to play Pacman and I even tried it a few times. Happy pink Saturday on Sunday.

sandie

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

OH, I remember Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man..I remember begging my parents for quarters at the supermarket...so I could play :) :) Now I don't have Ms Pac-man on my cell phone...but I do have Pac-Man. I play it quite a bit :) :) :) It's the best videogame ever!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :)

D. Jean Quarles said...

Love Ms Pac Man. Haven't seen her for awhile though. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Intense Guy said...

:)

As someone that "dates" back to the early "pong" era - Pac Man and Frogger were jaw dropping in their day.