Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

SomeFamous "V"s With People,Places and Things

Welcome to Mrs. Matlock's Alphabe Thursday! Go here jennymatlock.blogspot.com so you can join in the fun!

Today I have some famous V's to share with you!

How about Frankie Valli from the vintage group Frank Vallie and the Four Seasons. They sang  cool songs like "Cheri", "Walk Like A Man: and "Big Girls Don't Cry".

 While we are on the letter "V" and famous people, places and things how about some vinyl for the vintage folks out there! I loved my vinyl album collection and was sad when the 8 track tape replaced all my cool albums! I wish I still  had them. A full collection of Johnny Mathis, The Bee Gees and Dolly Parton! How's that for some variety in your life?

Like how about a Valley Girl? Like rad or what dude! Alicia Silverstone in the kooky, quirky and very funny movie "Clueless". Like wow!


Do you recall George Washington at Valley Forge from your school history dazes! It was the site of the camp of the American Continental Army  over the winter of 1976-1777 in the American Revolutionary War.


Have you ever been to the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas? I was fortunate enough to stay there during a Princess House convention several years ago  . The hotel was brand new and we were given the most magnificent suites with marble tubs and walk in showers that were encased by glass doors. It was heaven on earth for a few days. Then home to my tiny little bathroom with bad grouting! Ha Ha!
Here is a double V for you! Vincent Van Gogh. The brilliant but troubled painter lived and died March 30 1853 to July 29, 1890. He is considered the greatest Dutch painter after Rembrandt, though he had little success during his lifetime. I own a lovely print of his artwork  "Sunflower". They say he cut off his own ear because he probably suffered from tinnitus (ringing of the ear) and it drove him mad!



23 comments:

Brenda said...

You picked some great famous places and persons to share on V week. Thanks for coming by!

A 2 Z said...

How fun! Very creative! We both posted the artwork of Van gogh this week! Thanks for sharing. Its was really enjoyable!

Anne-Marie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh I love Frankie Valli and those songs...yep love em! I am a fan of Vincent Van Gogh and was lucky years ago to see some of his paintings at an exhibit. The colors are amazing, so vibrant and mesmerizing!

Jo said...

wonderful V topics ... especially Vincent Van Gogh ... and cutting off his ear ...how horrible it must have been for him.

Short and Sweet said...

GREAT "V" post that really brought back memories. Frankie Valli and the vinyl albums were all the rage at one time for both of us. Thanks...I really enjoyed the read.

Unknown said...

What a variety of v's! Valli and Valley Forge in the same post is great!

PeggyR said...

OMG I love Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons. Jersey Boys came through here 2 years ago and I would love for them to come back...the portrayed the 4 Seasons and it was a wonderful show.

Lola said...

Super ‘V’ people & places – I really enjoyed reading this post!

Happy Alphabe-Thursday to you too,

LOLA:)

PS Mine this week is HERE. Hope you can join me!

Red Couch Recipes said...

Loved your "V" post...a varied grouping of famous V's. Joni

H said...

I love the works of Van Gogh. We have a couple of prints of his works in our house. They brighten up the day :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great "V" words, Anne. I certainly do remember Frankie Valli.... That brought back great memories!!!!

I've never been to Valley Forge--but hope to visit there someday. We also want to take a trip to Gettysburg ---and to lots of the War Memorials.

No---haven't been to Vegas either... Maybe someday!

Have a great week.
Hugs,
Betsy

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Cute post :) :) I'm familiar with all of the things that you talked about in this post :) :) I remember 8-track tapes ...but barely..My dad and I were in a friends van...I was really, really little..and I remember the friend putting in an 8-track tape...So much fun ;) :) :)

Oh, I have another "V" for you...a music group called the Val-rays? I"m not sure of the spelling...but my dad remembers their music a little bit!!!

Love, hugs, and greetings from Oregon, Heather :)

laterg8r said...

i love van gogh :D

Intense Guy said...

This is a Very Vibrant and Vivid collection of Vs!

...and of course, you could have had a V8!

Valli, Valley Forge, and Vincent all in one post - now thats awesome!

Susan Anderson said...

Nice job! I like your choices!!

=)

Viki said...

I loved all your V's but especially the 4 seasons. I used to love to sing to their music. They were people you could understand what they were singing lol.

jeff campbell said...

Wonderful job on your "V" work...love it! Picture choices superb...Peace and blessings

FairfieldHouse said...

Anne -

Wonderful V List!
Glad you made it home from Wales. Why didn't you send me a post card? (YES I am kidding!)

Your Friend,
Deborah

Heart2Heart said...

Love all your favorite "V" picks this week. I think you did a great job. I've been walking through the Venetian but never stayed there. Truly a beautiful hotel.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Jenny said...

What a varied and fascinating stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's Letter "V"!

This was a really, really neat post. Love my vinyl, too...Walk like a man...What a great song!

Thanks for helping make this meme so awesome!

You are very cool!

A+

Kat said...

Great choices for V. Love Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. And we still have alot of vinyl. We did get rid of a lot, but kept our very favorites. Our daughter has a large vinyl collection too - and she's only 22! Kathy

Unknown said...

Great choice of V-words. Varied and fun! That hotel visit sounds nice. Glad you remembered poor Vincent who painted such vibrant pictures!
Best wishes,
Anna

Anna's V-word

Susan said...

I Love The 4 seasons:) and I still have all my old vinyl, cassettes and CDs it's is funny the only music I ever got rid of was my 8 tracks.(now I am kind of sorry)


I like Van Gogh's sunflowers, and his Starry Night. I have BAD Tinnitis, so I can get it...it wakes me out of a sound sleep sometimes.

Be well,
Susan