Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

"U" is for Undergarments and My Hero Underdog

Welcome to Alphabe Thursday! Please stop by Jenny Matlock and check out all the understandably wonderful "U" posts! But since you are here "U" is for undergarments and my Hero Underdog.

I like the comedian Jeff Foxworthy who says he likes to browse the Victoria Secret Catalog. But he adds, Victoria does not have any Secrets! I am showing off some fun undies as well as sensible ones and even some nice winter undergarments.

Here is a little sampling of some undies. Nice "wife beaters" as my son and his generation refer to the sleeveless men's undershirt. Some nice Day of the Week undies for ladies. A pretty pink polka dot undergarment set and some sheer pink undies for the gals as well as a nice pair of Calvin Klein undergarments for the fellas. I would show you my undies but my girls would say no one wants to look at "granny panties". Ha! I saw a rather large woman today with a pair of skin tight legging shorts or "biker shorts" if you well. Her panties were riding high and you could outline those babies with a marking pen! My friend Sharon would say, "Do you not have a full length mirror?, Then honey, invest in one!" She also loves to say, to women wearing a skimpy little bra with bosoms designed for the DDD section, "Your mama shoulda told you to halter those bad girls up in a brassiere!"

If I am acting weird it is only because I have been in a horribly toxic environment lately and it has caused me to develop a sever case of Vertigo. I thought in fact, Monday night, that I was literally going to die! I could not speak and when I was able to I quickly told the hubby to remember that if I started to slur my words or could not speak to get me to the nearest emergency room. Having a shunt is no fun because with any neuro problem like this you run a higher risk of having a stroke. So before I introduce you to my old pal Underdog please pray for me!

I love Underdog and always enjoyed watching the cartoon as a child. This brings back some lovely memories for me. Check out the movie with Jim Belushi if you haven't already. It is just good old fashioned fun. Here are some photos of Underdog. I wish he could fly me away somesays!

10 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Anne I thought of underwear for U also! But I do love underdog!

Dogmom Diva said...

Anne, Underwear beats Underdog in my book anyday to blog about,although I am a fan of Underdog!

We still call them wifebeaters..must be a legend as t how that got started but I am guessing it was started down in south central l.a. lol.

Great U!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi...thanks for stopping by my blog! i just signed on to follow you! it's so nice to make new blog friend. i have two more loaves of that bread baking right now. it smells heavenly! an it is soooooo simple!

Cheryl said...

What a great choice for U. Your friend sounds like such a hoot! I'd like to hang out with her too.

Sending prayers your way. Be well.

Intense Guy said...

I hope you feel better today and feel all better soonest.

I like umm... how the pretty pink polka dot undergarment set are modeled. :)

There's no need to fear! Underdog it here! Underdog! UNDERdog!

Unknown said...

Love this post. I prefer men who wear undershirts with sleeves and carry hankies.

LV said...

One thing for sure your feature today was perfect for "U". I would never have thought of that.

Jo said...

oh i love underdog!!! and nice underwear!!!

Jenny said...

What a wonderful link to Alphabe-Thursday's Letter "U"!

You are always so fun to visit!

I love your stories on this uplifting post!

Thanks for the chuckle and thank you for linking up!

A+

sanjeet said...

What a great choice for U.
PPC Advertising India