Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

THINKING ABOUT THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE

I have spent a lot of time thinking about our Heavenly Father. I love quotes and so I am going to share some with you here.

"Aerodynamically  the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway." Mary Kay Ash

Mary Kay was a Christian woman and I think she put some thought into this quote. Those bumble bees are amazing creatures and they should fall flat on their face! But for whatever His reasoning is, the Heavenly Father allows this tiny creature to have some amazing abilities.

Still unsure about God's existence?

"Faith isn't the ability to believe long and far into the misty future. It's simply taking God at His word and taking the next step." Joni Earickson Tada

Joni crippled by a tragic diving accident  as a teen fought many battles with God constantly at her side. She always says one day she will dance in Heaven with Jesus!

"Every evening I turn my worries over to God, He is going to up all night anyway." Mary Crowley

Mary was an awesome warrior for God. She along with her friends Charlie Collis (founder Princess House) and Mary Kay Ash )Mary Kay Cosmetics) founded very successful businesses in the 1960s. Mary was the founder of Home Interiors. Today I found a HI picture at one of my favorite thrift stores. It was $5. It is sad that Mary's company went under after her grandchildren took hold of it but Mary herself was a very good example of a Christian woman. She spread the gospel of Jesus Christ until she took her dying breathe. If you read her life story, she was raised by loving grandparents and then was shipped off to live with her daddy and his new wife. Mary did not have a great childhood but she talked to Jesus and I think today Mary and Jesus are having a nice chat in Heaven.


"If you don't know what's meant by God, then watch a forsythia branch or a lettuce leaf grow." Martin H. Fischer

Have you ever watched a living thing grow? Do you believe it's science or just accidental? I believe it's God, busy always, with more of His handiwork.



"Weave in faith and God will find the thread." Unknown

I will close my Spiritual Sunday post with this quote by an unknown author and a picture of a hand stitched  piece I found today at my local thrift store for one dollar. I am shocked that someone tossed this away. But whoever framed it scotch taped the side to the frame and it is cut too short for this cheap frame. I am going to Micheal's and get this put into a nicer frame so it will grace my home. It says "The crown of the house is Godliness". "The beauty of the house is Orderliness." The glory of the house is Hospitality." and " The blessing of the house is contentment."  I like that. It is the way we should all live.

Now please click on my Spiritual Sunday button on the right sidebar and go thank Charlotte and Ginger for hosting this weekly meme.

My prayer list includes my own phamily. We have to travel to Pueblo again as my MIL is "rallying". My BIL who is a nurse says this is her way of preparing for the end of her life. She has a surge of energy and feels "normal". But she is saying she sees my FIL and he was talking with her. I have lost many relatives and I have heard this same story over and over. Two days ago she said her mom and dad came with her husband and they asked her to join them. She said no, that she was too ill to travel. My oldest sister told me this same thing on the telephone two weeks before her passing. She said she saw daddy and she was anxious to cross over so she could visit with him. She said Grandma S and Grandma K looked well. It is interesting because my sister signed herself out of the hospital and stopped taking all the medication that made her so sick to begin with and she was very lucid when I spoke with her.

I also ask for prayer for Steve,Holly,Sean,Sarah, Arrick,Adriano,Linda,Alexis,Tom V. and Heather.

17 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

When a new baby is born - and people see the miracle - that is when I wonder how people - can't believe in God. We cannot re-create one thing on the human body. It's amazing.

sandie♥

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

Beautiful post..I feel the same way.

BonjourRomance said...

SUch a beautiful post Anne. It really puts things in perspective, we cannot do anything without the Lord. You did find a treasure with that littel crossstich frame. I've heard that before and always thought it was such a good word.
WIll keep your MIl and loved ones in my prayers.
Happy Sunday,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing lovely post HPS!

Anonymous said...

Hi, your link on SS does not work.
Not sure what's up with that! So you may want to check it out and repost if you need to. This is such a beautiful post, I would hate for folks to miss out. God bless!

Angela said...

Loved your post today! I always loved Home Interior and have a lot of it in my house. I didn't know that it was her grandchildren who ruined the business. I had wondered why the quality and the beautiful pictures weren't there anymore. Now I know why!

I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law. My great grand mother did the same thing that she is doing. Seeing loved ones who had passed. I like to think that that is God's way of letting us know that our loved ones are in heaven and that the one who is seeing them will also be going to heaven.

I mailed your post card out Thursday while I was on vacation. I hope you like it!

God Bless You and Your Family!
Angela

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Wonderful post today!!! I needed to hear some good word to remind me that God still cares/and will work something good in my life :) :) I'll pray for your requests too. Have a great week, Heather :) :) :)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

good quotes...good post!!!! Very inspiring.

Shirl said...

Hello, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Lovely post here. I also loved your wedding post. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

shannon i olson said...

Nice to meet you. You know, God has so shown his power in our family lately, my father is fighting multiple myeloma, my sister spent 5 weeks in a mental hospital-she refuses to believe in God. Her kids are suffering, her husband tried to hang himself and my other professing Christian brother in law is walking out on his family. Yet we know God is good and in control, my dad is reading the bible....he never did at all before, my sisters kids are hearing bible stories because their mother is unavailable to stop it right now.
My other sister's faith is growing.
I too sit out in the garden, tomatoes amaze me...those tiny seeds bring forth so many fruits all filled with more tiny seeds. I hope we all are full of seeds too, to share.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

As always I am so thankful I visited your site today. Beautiful post!
I can not believe someone just discarded that beautiful piece either but sometimes when a love one passes their relatives just take things and give them away.
Take care
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful examples of faith. I used Mary Kay products for awhile in the 70s or 80s. I'm not sure which. I know it was a long time ago. God definitely blessed her business as he has blessed so many others for their faithfulness to Him. Thank you for sharing all these good thoughts with us on Spiritual Sundays.
Blessings for a good week.
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Wonderful examples of faith. I used Mary Kay products for awhile in the 70s or 80s. I'm not sure which. I know it was a long time ago. God definitely blessed her business as he has blessed so many others for their faithfulness to Him. Thank you for sharing all these good thoughts with us on Spiritual Sundays.
Blessings for a good week.
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Huh oh. Accidentally published twice. Sorry.
Charlotte

A Busy Single Mom said...

Thank you for an inspiring post! I love quotes as well. What a wonderful find at the thrift store! Praying for your family.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I could not get to your blog yesterday. Charlotte fixed it and told me. I'm glad I came back. I never new that about Mary. It is so interesting to me. I love hearing how God works in women who love him so. I loved your dollar find it's beautiful.
Blessings,
Ginger

KimMalk said...

What a nice, thoughtful post. I have these thoughts, but don't take the time to write them down. God is so gracious.