Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

GORILLA'S IN THE MIST!

 Welcome to Tuesday's Show and Tail! Please visit Angela here, she hosts the greatest Tuesday meme. Today I am showing off some of my favorite creatures. I love gorillas. When I go to my local  zoo I love to visit the Great Apes. Unfortunately, they are very private and often do not come out to see the humans oggling them! A few years ago a baby gorilla came to the glass enclosure and he stared at my middle daughter. We took his picture and he put his hand on the glass and she put her hand on the other side of the glass! It was such a poignant moment. I wish we could have taped that moment. But because these mammals are so private we did not want to upset him. He looked so loving at our daughter, it was just the neatest feeling. That same day a crazed monkey stared down our older son. The more we told him to stop the more aggravated that monkey got! He was so evil he just looked like he wanted to reach out and smack someone! He was very naughty! Then there are the gorillas, such kind and loving beings when they warm up to people.
I loved the movie "Gorilla's in the Mist". But when Diana Fosse was found murdered the suspects were the gorillas she befriended. I believe it was poachers that murdered her. Those gorilla's are so highly intelligent and they had made a life with her. It was such a terrible tragedy that she was taken when her work with them was not complete.
I have a friend Sandy who is the sweetest and kindest lady you could ever meet. She is very family oriented but she once confided in me that if she could do anything in the world she would travel to Africa and live with the gorilla's. I always thought that was one of the neatest fantasies any one ever shared with me. I like that idea and if I had the time and the money I would join Sandy!
Go visit all the participates of this fun Tuesday meme and enjoy my photo collage here: courtesy of images I found on the web.

10 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

Those are great photos of gorillas - the eyes are hauntingly beautiful in the last photo!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I really enjoyed this post Anne! They are very interesting creatures!

Anonymous said...

Baby Gorilla's are so mystical to me. There is soul in their young eyes that you know will tell stories if they should survive. Mama rilla's are fiercely loyal to their babies and its a beautiful happening to watch them as a clan. Beautiful post. THanks for sharing. Tammy

Heart2Heart said...

Anne,

What a beautiful story and so priceless is the memory you had of the gorilla and your daughter. That must have been simply magical!


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Angela said...

They truly are facinating creatures! I truly couldn't imagine trying to live with them though. I prefer to look from afar!

Thanks for sharing your love of gorillas with us this week!

Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
Angela

Rose said...

thanks for sharing the photos as well as the story,. rose

Denise said...

Nice photos.

Chatty Crone said...

I enjoyed this. sandie

Intense Guy said...

We really need to work very hard to make sure that there are always Gorillas and monkeys living in nature -

Screaming Meme said...

Such a fun post! Hi, Im Meme from Screaming Meme...I stumbled upon your blog and love it! Your blog is so fun! I look forward to reading your blog and seeing more wonderful posts you create! Stop in sometime for a visit! Meme