Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

MEET MISS PINKY



Hi and good afternoon. I started out with grand intentions to put up my pink post. But life happens. So I hit a couple thrift stores while the hubby visited with his sis. She is struggling with the loss of their mom. So I leave them to their personal grieving.

I hope you will thank Miss Beverly at http:howsweetthesound.typepad.com/.I need to redo my pink lady figure on my sidebar. Blogger is weird some days! She is a wonderful woman with such a knack for organizing all these posts. I appreciate her more then she could imagine!

Here is Miss Pinky. She is the sweetest little dolly in near perfect condition at the Goodwill. She was $6.99 but considering I just paid $5 for a single pair of shoes for a shoe less doll I purchased this girl is a great find! I hope you will visit Barb at her blog. She has been a near life long friend of mine meeting me at age 13  over pen pals that I requested in Tiger Beat magazine. I wanted anyone who L O V E D Paul Revere and the Raiders! I chose Barb because she lived in California. To make a long story short we meet after high school graduation in person when she visited me with sisters Ilee and Sherrie! I want you to visit Barb because her blog is super and I am not being prejudice when I tell you that. But I chose her this week because when I saw Miss Pinky, she reminded me of Barb's great aunt Pinky. That little dickens of a gal worked for the Railroad for many years and Barb lived in her rental house in Alhambra for a while. I adored that lady and she was so cool. She was way cooler then our parents and we loved her much. I am hoping Barb will drag out some photos of the real Pinky  and share with us all. So my tribute today is Miss Pinky. A beautiful brunette dolly with a gorgeous pink dress and pretty white leather shoes with a pink rosette on the toe!

Now go visit this new pinkie, MaryLou at  her blog. She is showing off some gorgeous pinks today! I am loving the blog over at her place too!

Then there is Miss Beverly. Her sign in the gift shop cracked me up! She is so humourous as well as organized! Go check it out soon! Her link is here.

Enjoy the pinky day today everyone and Blessings to all!

10 comments:

Dogmom Diva said...

Oh wow, I am speechless. I miss my Aunt Pinky so much sometimes. she was way cool, wasn't she?? She was like a 2nd mom to me for many years and was so excited when I had my boys..and living nearby even after we moved to our own home we visited a couple times a week.
Thank you so much for that sweet tribute, I will scan and post some pictures of Pinky..maybe we can link up our blogs the same day with some old pictures of us, too. Do you know how long ago since we were teenagers??? I think we started writing to each other in, what, 1967. 43 years. Oh my. thank you for being such a wonderful friend all these years and also for being my maid of honor.

love you
me

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Anne...thanks for sharing the story about the doll and the great lady that inspired you to purchase the doll :) :) :) I love stories like this!!! Those are memories to be treasured!!! I'm still praying for you, hubby and family!! Have a good weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Unknown said...

Hi there, I love your Goodwill find and of course I love dolls anyway, Have a wonderful Pink Saturday and thank you for featuring me on your blog, I'm so honored and pleased that you like my blog, I'm a work in progress and so I'm still pretty new at this! I love your purple blog it is my next fav, to pink of course! My link is http://luluslovlies.blogspot.com/ if you want to copy and paste it in. Did you ever get through all the Rooster party blogs, it will take me a week, no wonder I never get any art projects done as I'm always on the computer! Lol PINKY HUGS to YOU!

Chatty Crone said...

You find the coolest pink stuff! Love your doll. sandie

Unknown said...

What a beautiful doll! She is sooo pretty!

Thank you for visitng my PhotoHunt post for 'Colorful'. I don't understand how you found me, but I recognise you from the Alphabe-Thursday meme. I had a post for 'French Obsession', but I was very late, so my link is one of the last ones.

'Pink on Saturday' sounds like fun. Pink is not a Rainbow color so we won't be doing Pink for Mrs. Matlock. I was just thinking the other day that it would be fun to post something Pink! Maybe next Saturday?

Happy Weekend!
Anna
For the benefit of other readers

Anna's Colorful PH-post

D. Jean Quarles said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Lovely post. Hope you are having a great day.

Terra said...

Your Miss Pinky doll is so perfect and looks like she cost a lot; what a bargain you found in Goodwill. Your friend's aunt Pinky sounds like a fun person.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Anne Sweetie...
Oh my goodness I so love Miss Pinky. She is so pretty and what a bargain. She looks to be in such mint condition. I love her little face, and are the curls not just the sweetest ever? I love her.

Thank you for sharing sweet Anne. I am so thrilled that you DH and SIL have each other to lean on during this grieving process. It is so very hard, and working through it together I am sure is helping them both.

I continue to pray for the family sweet friend. I hope you are well. I think of you daily.

Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

Rebecca said...

Glad to meet Miss Pinkie the doll. I'm stopping over for my first PS to say hello!

Intense Guy said...

That reminds me... I better call the place about your doll and get a followup!

*hangs head in shame*