Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

VINTAGE TREASURES

 I have two sweet treasures that I want to share today. Now please stop by Suzanne at ColoradoLady. She is the sweet host of this fun Thursday post.

My cute little squirrel dish sat at my sister's Goodwill store for three weeks. I looked it over and wanted it and never bought it. It is made in Taiwan and he is cute as can be sitting on top of a nut! It is such a sweet piece, I am glad no one wanted him because now he belongs to me!

The little Josef girl with the baby shoe is sweet too. She is only marked Josef so I don't know why no one else wanted to share with this cute little miss. I am so glad I found them and glad to show them to you today.

Come join this fun post. Now go visit all the other posts too.

14 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

My Mom had that squirrel dish. And we used to have candy nuts in it at all times. Great find.

Miri said...

Lucky you! That squirrel on top of the walnut dish is too cute!

Coloradolady said...

I love your finds, the squirrel dish is so adorable. Have a great VTT

Ann said...

Your little dishes are so cute. I especially love the little girl on the shoe. thanks for your comments on Leadville, my Son IS a runner up there, he ran a 50 miller last spring. Ann

Vintage Whimsy said...

Ooh that little squirrel makes me so ready for autumn! I think it would be great filled with candy corn!!

Terra said...

Oh my goodness I loved the little squirrel nut one!

Terra said...

Oh my goodness I loved the little squirrel nut one!

bj said...

How cute these vintage pieces are.

I just came over from Show us your Roosters..See ya later.
xo bj

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

These are cute things. Have you thought about what you'll put in that nut dish? The girl with the shoe is really lovely, too!!! Have a great weekend, Anne. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Rose said...

never have seen any items such as these. they are both cute. Rose

Chatty Crone said...

I like your squirrel as it is not alive and it's cute - don't like real squirrels who like to come in peoples attics.

sandie

Intense Guy said...

:) I lub squirrels.. even ceramic ones....

LV said...

What a shame you did find these sooner. They are great and made a perfect showing for today. Thanks for you visit.

Heart2Heart said...

Anne,

I can tell you that my mom made those little squirrels that sit on the nut some 20+ years ago. When I saw it they were instant flash backs to childhood for me.

Thanks for the memories!

Wanted to wish you a great weekend!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat